Eureka!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eureka,_Utah

Let's talk about the boonies for a minute. When someone says they live out in the boonies, it usually means, really far, or in the middle of nowhere. Well, Eureka is both far and in the middle of nowhere. Believe it or not, people live there, but if you want to get a signal for your phone, you need to go to the gas station just entering the town. I literally dropped off the grid the minute we drove into this itty bitty town.

We were asked by Badass Spirit Outlaws paranormal investigators to assist them on this investigation. https://www.facebook.com/badassspiritoutlaws/  So of course being the awesome M&L Paranormal people that we are, we agreed. I was able to tag along and observe on this as well. 
I started talking to the guests and asking if they were excited, and of course they are going to say "yes". Many of the guests had done this before, so we start to set up and get the equipment ready. Kris brings out the K2 and it quickly lights up! We haven't even started the investigation yet, but keep in mind this is a very old mining town. The buildings we are investigating are over a hundred years old and there are a lot of spirits that remain there. We meet everyone in the restaurant, that seems very recently closed. Not even all the cookware was taken out. Speculation is that they closed because it was haunted, but this is not confirmed. Kris starts asking questions. When the light blinks they will ask the spirit to blink the light once for yes, twice for no.
Are you a Male- Yes
Are you a miner that used to be here?- yes

The light continues to blink in response to other things and has moved away from our questions. It's as though the spirits are just as excited for the energy and people to be here.  We are split into groups, and I get to investigate with Lydia! I am so excited to see how she works. 
First place we go... has a well.

The group breaks off in this building, some in the front, and some in the back. We attempt to talk to a few spirits that come around the K2, but nothing sticks. So we mostly take pictures of the well. as you can see, it is old, and definitely not a place to play around. Of course this begs the question, "Why is there a well inside a building?"
Image result for it puts the lotion on its skin meme
 And of course that's not the only question, many others find their way to my mind. The floors in this building are very weak, and have support boards over the weak spots, but we are warned to be very careful. I wander around for a bit taking pictures.
In this big room there is an old wood/coal burning fireplace. The brick walls have been painted over a few times, and are now tattered and crumbling. It is obvious why some spirits might find this a place to dwell, of course it's getting colder by the minute, so if I were dead, I would want someplace warmer. 

When the investigations start the leads usually instruct the guests to take photos 3 in a row, that way in case they might catch something. I did my best but in this building there was so much dust flying around that finding something paranormal would probably look just like the dust itself.

This could have been a fireplace that is now boarded up, but honestly, I think it's a portal for the spirits, and they had to board it up to keep them from coming through and eating our faces. Okay, kidding. I can neither confirm nor deny any portals were found on this investigation. I will however confirm that I had many feelings that had me wanting to run screaming. I will also confirm, that I am a really bad photographer, and so even though no guests were hurt or injured during this investigation, many pictures came out blurry giving the effect that I may have seen something.


Next question, why is there a staircase leading to nowhere? Seriously, there may be a small storage space, but wouldn't they just use a ladder, this literally goes nowhere. That's not weird at all, oh an look another boarded up opening, how many portals does this place have? I mean, how many places need to be boarded to keep the critters out?
As old as the buildings are, obviously not all that has been left behind is as antique.

I decide to make my way back to the well, and listen to the group talking. We stand there for another five minutes before the light comes back on. Lydia begins asking questions, are you male or female? Did you live here? From what we gathered, this was a small boy. His parents lived and worked in the town. He likes being there, however he does not disclose how he passed away. After a few more questions, he just plays with the flashlights that replaced the K2. Turning them on and off, one and then the other, making them blink, as any small child would. The feeling he gives off is playful. We tell the spirit goodbye as it is time to change buildings. Yes, you read that right buildings. With this investigation, we are not simply going from room to room. We are changing building to building. Next up, the brothel!!


This is one place that we are told is one of the most haunted, and walking in it gives off a nice ambiance. Twinkle lights in the trees, fake flowers decorating the walls, a couples swing. Really innocent, except I remember this was a brothel, or pretty much a strip club. I am however a little stumped with the skeleton playing a banjo. I assume that since it's almost Halloween they must do some kind of haunted tour. I sit on a chair because it's cold and the stage area is still outside, and my bones and joints are beginning to ache. Lydia pulls out her pendulum, Her favorite tool to work with. She is a master with this object. She can feel the spirit move it in answer to her questions, and sometimes I can see the force of it pulling when it really wants to answer her. Most of the questions are the same. We come in contact with one of the girls that worked there. She didn't like it, and she had a hard time with the men and how they treated her. We also come in contact with another woman who didn't work at the club, but her parents did. One woman in the group said she felt like she was having a heart attack whenever she was around a particular spirit in this place. I do need to say I am an indifferent party. So I really stay focused on the investigation, I try not to feel anything if I can help it. Plus I am kind of skeptic. But I report what we see and hear. So if she was feeling something that strong, I advise her not to go back, or maybe see a cardiologist.
The room next to the stage is the bar. An old piano, some tables and chairs and obviously the bar adorn the room. It is not as cold in here, but I feel like I should stay in this part of the building. Of course when I start to feel safe, that's when our fearless leader takes us through a door leading to the back, the very. Dark. Back. Room.

Nope, huh uh, I am not going back there. Okay, walking through a middle room that I really don't like. Oh boy, why do I feel like I am in the presence of pure evil...something is staring at me! Guys, oh there you are...in a really tiny room in the back. I like investigating with Lydia, she is all about facts, and no nonsense, and helping the spirit. Oh, nope wait, I spoke too soon. She is now asking the spirit to move a doll!! Yes her and Kris make the perfect team. Why are they so insistent on making things move? I was so proud of myself, I hadn't jumped once on this investigation, but if that doll moves not only will I jump, but I will need to change my pants. Thankfully, the doll does not move. instead we get a clear message for us to leave. But if we leave then we have to go through the middle room again, and whatever is in there, wants to steal my soul, and feed it to a demon. I am such a baby, that I grab my friend Jessica's coat, and let her lead me out of the room. Just walking through I could feel a horrible, evil presence. I don't want to feel that ever again. 
Quick side note. When M&L paranormal investigate, if they ever get a message in any way, to leave from a spirit, they will respect that. They do not provoke the spirit in anyway. This can lead to something dangerous. Always be respectful of a spirits space, and call a professional if you feel this in your own home, or a place you need to be on a regular basis.
Chugging along...See what I did there? Our next place is the Train Caboose!



The caboose was a tight fit, but definitely had some activity.



a few pictures of the corner I was standing in. The gentleman in the corner became the focus of the investigation. We pulled out the dousing rods to begin and as we began questions to any spirits the rods start to move and answer our simple questions. As we continue, the spirit has someone in particular it wants to communicate with. The gentleman in the corner. The spirit has a message for him. The questions were very specific, he asked if this person ran a restaurant, yes.
Did they have an old truck, yes.
Did they have two daughters, yes.
After he asked more questions, he tells us he knows who it is. The gentleman is shy and has been quiet this whole time, even asking the questions he was very quiet. We ask him if he wants to tell us who the spirit is, and very humbly he states, it's his cousin. We are all filled with chills. By far this was one of the neatest experiences of the night.



Of course someone needed to open a single closet that gives off weird vibes, and of course there is random broken chair. The train is cold and it sits on the side of the road in the town. We leave the train and head to our next location, since the small space is hard for some to stay in.

The Bank
This is the vault, and safety deposit boxes.

The bank has many different rooms and so many things you don't see in a modern bank.
This is the desk where the tellers would sit.

 This is another back room, many older papers were found in a box and records from the early 1900's.
We also found certificates that belonged to the bank of the small mining town.
This is a picture of a mining shaft nearby the bank where they would mine gold and silver.
This was the basement where a small jail cell was located.

Picture of the cell bars/gate. Individual jail cell.

There was a lot of activity in this area, and Maxine one of the lead investigators believes she caught a abnormality, or a orb of a spirit they were talking to.
Meanwhile Lydia is speaking to another spirit using her pendulum. It's a man who robbed many banks in different cities around the country. He does not feel guilty at all, but he is proud of his horrible deeds. The spirits may have been quiet that night for me, but many others were able to communicate in their own way.
I can only report what I see or hear. But Eureka definitely has it's own ghosts, and plenty of ghost stories. We didn't get to talk to many locals, but I'm sure they have a few tales to tell. If you are ever out that way, take some time to admire the old buildings, the small town feel, check out the old mines, or even stop by the cemetery. This is one experience I won't forget. I need to thank BadAss spirit outlaws for letting me blog this. My dear friend Jessica from The new Utah Podcast for going with me, and of course our own team M&L Paranormal for all your hard work and keeping this scaredy cat safe. Always feel free to comment of leave any questions you might have. Thank you for taking the time to read of our adventures. We couldn't have this blog without you! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OCTOBER EVENTS!! Come, or we will haunt you, bwahahahaha!!!